A Shell do Brasil está buscando um profissional bacharel em geomática ou áreas afins para trabalhar no Rio de Janeiro.
Job Description: Geo-Information Analyst
Country of Work Location: Brazil
Work Location: Rio de Janeiro
Working for Shell Brasil will see you join world-class employees who run ground-breaking projects, such as the Parque das Conchas fields off the coast of Brazil, where ultra-deep fields have been brought on stream. You will work on projects that really matter, and benefit from Shell's local and global outstanding network of specialists. In Brazil, Shell celebrates 102 years of operations this year. Shell is also a major producer of lubricants and through Raízen, a joint venture with a Brazilian energy and logistics group, invests in the production of sugar cane ethanol, a viable biofuel alternative for smarter and cleaner mobility in the future.
In Brazil, Shell is involved in Upstream and Lubricants business areas. With technology and innovation, we seek to overcome the challenges of the new energy future. Shell operates in the country since 1913. At Upstream, we have areas of Exploration and Production, Natural Gas and Power Generation. Our headquarters in Brazil is located in Rio de Janeiro.
- To manage geospatial data specific to the Shell Brazil project teams, in accordance with Shell's corporate standards. To ensure that project data is attributed with proper metadata, that it is published appropriately to corporate or global data stores, and that it is geodetically sound. Provide quality control of well and other geospatial data from the field and support hazard mapping for new drilling requests.
- To utilize the ArcGIS Desktop suite to analyze geospatial relationships between data. This includes: gridding, contouring, and 3D visualizations; areal relations between features; statistical trend analyses; and correlations between data sets.
- To present the data and the results of the analyses in the form of maps, charts, graphs, or web services which are cartographically complete, correct, clear and concise. To create key business maps and produce ad-hoc or one-off maps.
- To identify, create and improve workflows dealing with geospatial data exchanges between G&G software applications. Utilize FME to create and automate workflows. Create scripts, tools or models where appropriate to enhance the data flow and analysis.
- To promote and share the power and possibilities of GIS technologies with peers and customer groups, and act as the local GIS authority and steer/guide other GIS users in the business.
- Adopt and promote the correct management/storage of geospatial data as per Shell's GIS and cartographic standards.
- Create, maintain Operations Maps in Shell's standard webapp environment to support asset development, operations and planning.
- Special challenges will include working closely with the GIS-GIM Back Office team in Houston and with peers in Shell's Upstream Americas organization supporting Brazil assets, such as the Subsurface Development team, Exploration teams, Subsea Surveillance and Intervention Operations, and HSE to ensure efficient processes, sharing of key geospatial data and map products, and supporting data replication processes.
The Geo-Information Analyst should have:
- As a minimum, a Bachelor's degree from a recognized University, in Geomatics or in a directly-related subject area;
- Proven experience in Geo-Information Management, Mapping and Analysis;
- Proven experience in the oil and gas business in Brazil;
- Skilled in the principles of geo-information analysis, mapping and cartography;
- Strong understanding of the E&P business, including offshore, deep water and onshore operations, and how GIS and Geo-Information impacts business decisions and processes;
- Strong organizational, relationship, team-working, leadership and conflict-management skills;
- Ability to manage several priorities at once;
- Thorough knowledge of geodetic issues and coordinate reference systems and the associated transformations typically carried out on geospatial data;
- Knowledge of remote sensing services and data types.
- Strong computer and technology skills;
- Strong communication skills;
Languages: strong English competency (spoken and written)
No. of Positions: 1
Removal Date: 03-Apr-2015
Apply to job
Shell Carreiras - Linkedin