IHS (NYSE: IHS) is the leading source of information and insight in pivotal areas that shape today's business landscape: energy, economics, geopolitical risk, sustainability and supply chain management. Businesses and governments around the globe rely on our comprehensive content, expert independent analysis and flexible delivery methods to make high-impact decisions and develop strategies with speed and confidence. IHS was founded in 1959 and is headquartered in Englewood, Colorado, USA. Trusted by clients for more than 50 years, IHS employs more than 8000 people in 31 countries. We serve 80 percent of the Global Fortune 500 as well as businesses and governments in 165 countries.
The IHS Upstream Engineering product portfolio is composed of the Production engineering tools PERFORM and SubPUMP; and the Reservoir engineering product line of Fekete, a recent IHS acquisition. The Customer Solution Advisor II (CSA) will showcase our Engineering product suite by working with existing or potential clients in Southern of Latin America (SoLA) to demonstrate the value and power of our products. Support and training will be provided through personal visits to customer sites, in-house training, Webex meetings and telephone/email correspondence. CSAs provide expert knowledge on the products and the means by which to exploit their value through our applications. He/she will generate case studies and build workflows based on IHS proprietary data/tools and present the results to clients. The Customer Solution Advisor II reports to the Customer Support Manager, Latin America
General Job Duties:
- Provide training and support on the IHS Engineering products to existing clients.
- Work with existing or potential clients to demonstrate the value of our data by providing expert knowledge on the products and the means by which to exploit their value.
- Ability to demonstrate expertise in industry workflows & business practices for our customers
- Extend and expand the usage of IHS tools and data within existing clients into new user communities by delivering greater value, reducing the risk of cancellation and increasing clients' reliance on our data and services.
- Work closely with existing clients to guide them in the integrated use of analysis tools and global analysis products.
- Work with sales, support, and product management to help develop and deliver in depth workflows, tips and tricks to our customers based on specific data/regions that the customer identifies.
- Possess detailed understanding of competitor products and provide analysis to defend value of IHS products vs. competitors.
- Assist account managers by identifying and managing "at risk clients" to better understand the reasons concerned and to address these with an effective strategy.
- Assist with new sales opportunities by providing focused presales demonstrations and finding solutions to client problems.
- Assist sales in understanding and profiling our client base to better serve our clients with products that meet their needs. Communicate with account managers with ongoing issues for their customer. Assist with on-site sales calls and provide product/data based knowledge
- Collaborate with the training strategy team to provide input for development of training course content and projects by providing feedback on common questions or confusing elements for product retention functionality.
- Contribute and provide feedback to product groups and support on identified issues, bugs, and requested enhancements identified by customers, and during acceptance testing for product release.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Petroleum Engineering with a focus on either reservoir or production engineering
- A minimum of 5 years in the E&P industry
- 5 plus years' experience supporting information products or application needs of customers in the E&P industry. Previous experience working with IHS Engineering products is highly recommended.
- Able to discuss and explain workflow analysis of IHS supported products/data with clients in a straight-forward and organized manner.
Other Required Skills:
- Must have knowledge of Windows operating systems, relational databases, Internet functionality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Technically conversant in Portuguese, Spanish and English. Must be comfortable speaking in front of technical teams and groups and conduct training classes
- Excellent analytical skills, ability to work independently, generate ideas and put forward initiatives. Concise and strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent Project Management and Organizational skills. Ability to work in an virtual, unsupervised environment and maintain initiative to accomplish goals.
- Able to contribute effectively in a team environment and enjoy working with multi-disciplinary teams of Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Customer Care and other SMEs
- Position will be based in Rio, BRZ
- Yes, approximately 50% of the time out of the office at customer locations. Some travel to other countries in Central & Latin America and the USA will be required
- Only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow up*