Quero ser geofísico
Gerente de Exploração
- Criado em 10/04/2013
Gerente de Exploração
Companhia offhsore multinacional quer contratar um profissional para a vaga de Exploration Manager para atuar no Rio de Janeiro e Região. O anúncio da empresa de RH Brunel Energy foi postado no LinkedIn em 4 de abril.
Descrição da vaga de Exploration Manager
This position represents a key new managerial position within the Rio de Janeiro based geotechnical team. Leading and managing a small team of geologists, geophysicists and engineers, the primary responsibilities will include the various geoscience activities required to support activities within the company’s current exploration, appraisal and development portfolio. These activities will include: Petroleum Systems analysis, providing a regional geologic context, play and prospect generation, geological mapping, providing recommendations for drilling locations, generating proposal to drill documents for drilling and well evaluation programs and providing technical evaluation of drilling results.
The incumbent will have primary responsibility for leading the geoscience team, planning, recommending and executing work plans and budgets, managing AFEs, setting goals and objectives and ensuring projects are delivered on schedule. The opportunity will include leading and directing several project specific, small, multi functional project teams, including but not limited to geoscience staff.
This position will be required to coordinate with the other geoscience teams and will also be required to assist with evaluating and recommending new exploration opportunities in the region.
Vice President, Exploration and Reservoir Development
- Leading and managing the geoscience team;
- Providing information and recommendations to the Executive Management Team;
- Setting goals and objectives and holding people accountable;
- Ensuring that all technical work is of a high and consistent standard;
- Recommending and executing work programs;
- Developing and maintaining project schedules;
- Preparing and managing AFEs;
- Developing basin structural and stratigraphic frameworks;
- Play and prospect generation through application of a Petroleum Systems approach;
- Interpreting well data and incorporating seismic data into geological interpretations;
- Ensuring that alternative interpretations are assessed by the geoscience teams;
- Identifying, evaluating and recommending new exploration opportunities;
- Preparing recommendations and documentation in support of drilling and evaluation programs;
- Providing geological inputs and analysis for probabilistic and deterministic hydrocarbon volumetric evaluations and prospect risking;
- Developing and recommending exploration well locations and evaluation programs;
- Developing and recommending appraisal programs and development programs to rapidly advance and bring discoveries on stream if appropriate;
- Contributing to the creation of a culture of strong and effective team-work;
- Interfacing effectively with all stakeholders, including Management, Operations, other functional departments, government authorities, partners and contractors;
- Other duties as requested from time to time;
- Must be willing to travel (5-10%).
Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc. or higher in Geology (or equivalent);
- At least 12 years of industry exploration experience, with a minimum of 6 years international exploration experience;
- Proven track record of managing an exploration team;
- Well developed knowledge of varied geological basin types
- Strong all round exploration experience with experience of onshore drilling activities;
- Advanced geological background with an understanding of both clastic and carbonate depositional systems, sequence stratigraphy, sedimentology and structural geology;
- Demonstrated competency in structural and stratigraphic interpretation techniques;
- Advanced knowledge of reservoir characterization, including fractured reservoir analysis and development of reservoir models;
- Experience of geological field mapping and application to play and prospect generation;
- Proven prospect generator with an ability to integrate work into regional geological models;
- A reasonable understanding of geophysics, seismic interpretation and reservoir engineering would be an asset;
- Sound knowledge in facies identification and descriptions from core, cuttings and
- petrophysical data would be an advantage;
- Experience of appraisal and development projects;
- Strong command of the English language, with good oral and written communication skills.
Descrição da empresa
Brunel is a global provider of business services specializing in flexible deployment of professionals in the field of Engineering, IT, Legal, Finance, Marketing & Communication, Healthcare and all disciplines in the Oil & Gas industry. Since our incorporation in 1975, we have developed into an international group with over 11,000 employees and an annual turnover of over €900 million. We operate from our own international network of 97 offices in 34 countries. Brunel International NV is listed on Euronext Amsterdam NV and included in the Amsterdam Midcap Index (AMX).
Publicado:4 de abril de 2013
Tipo: Tempo integral
Setores: Petróleo e energia
Código da vaga:5308784
Clique aqui para candidatar-se agora
Ou acesse este anúncio diretamente no LinkedIn